Getting started with RACT Driver Training online? Our FAQ provides a great how-to guide for users of the new portal.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where is online booking available?
Online booking is available for our branches in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport, and Burnie by booking via the portal
2. What is my username?
Your username is your email address.
3. What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
You can reset your password through the online portal and a temporary password will be emailed through to your email address.
4. I have previously had lessons with RACT and the online portal is not letting me register – how do I find out what my login details are?
To try and log in, please enter your email address and click the reset your password link. This will send you a temporary password which you can change when you first sign in. If you are still having issues please give our Driver Training team a call on 1300 761 429.
5. How do I check how much credit I have on my account?
You can see available credit and prepaid packages in the top right-hand corner of your account. Also, a record of your transaction history is available in transactions.
6. How do I cancel a lesson? /What is the cancellation policy?
RACT Driver Training requires at least four hours’ notice in order to receive a credit for your lessons. You can cancel your lesson by calling our offices or by canceling online via our online portal by going to the appointments tab.
7. How do I change a lesson booking?
To change a lesson you either need to cancel your lesson online and a credit will be added to your account which you can use to rebook or alternatively you can call our Driver Training team on 1300 761 429 to change your booking time.
8. What services can I book online?
Through our online portal, you can make a booking for standard driving lessons – such as an initial lesson and any ongoing lessons, including L1, L2, P1, and P2 or refresher lessons.
9. How do I book the other services e.g. L2 assessments that you provide?
You can book our other services including Keys to Drive, assessments and car hire for tests by calling 1300 761 429.
10. Can I buy a package online?
Yes, we have 3, 5, 7 and 10 lesson packages available for purchase online, which will be added to your account as prepaid lesson credit to use over the next 12 months.
11. What other ways can I book lessons?
You can book a lesson by calling our Driver Training team on 1300 761 429. Alternatively, you can visit our Driver Training offices in Hobart, Launceston, Burnie, and Devonport.
12. What are the terms and conditions for booking online?
A reference to the booking terms and conditions can be found on the portal.
13. How do I update my address?
To update your address you need to visit the profile tab, where you can update all your contact details (apart from your name which you will need to call a branch to change).
14. The online portal is not accepting my address, how do I make a booking?
Online bookings are only available for Hobart, Launceston, Burnie, and Devonport and therefore only accept these postal codes. If you live outside these areas but would like to book lessons at one of these branches, please call our Driver Training team on 1300 761 429.
15. How do I pay for my lesson online?
You can pay for a lesson with a Mastercard or Visa Credit or an online Debit Card (debit card with credit card capability - credit card length card number).
16. I tried to process a payment online with the card but it has not been accepted?
If your credit card is not being accepted please make sure it is either a Visa or Mastercard - Credit or an online Debit Card. If you are still having issues please give our Driver Training team a call on 1300 761 429 to see if they can process the payment at their end and credit your account.
17. I can’t see my package credit on my account when I purchase a package in branch?
If you cannot see your available credit please give our Driver Training team a call to follow up on why this issue is occurring – there should be a record of your payment in the system to validate that the credit should have been applied and we will be able to transfer the funds to your account.