In order to process your claim we will ask you to provide:
- Your policy number;
- Your name, address & contact phone numbers;
- The registration, make, model and year of your vehicle;
- Information about where and when the accident occurred, and a verbal description of how it happened;
- Details of any Police involvement - this may be a Police report number or the details of the Officer and Station a report was made to;
- Details of who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident (if applicable) - Please note, when lodging a claim we will need to speak to both the owner of the vehicle and the driver at the time of the accident;
- Details of any other vehicle or persons involved in the accident (if applicable) - where possible details should include the name, address of the other persons involved and the registration number of their vehicle; and
- Details of any witnesses to the accident
What happens next
Our Claims Consultant will explain the claims process to you and advise you what you need to do. This will include advice on any excess or policy limits that may be applicable on the claim.
Our Claims Consultant will also advise you of your Claim Number. Please record this number and quote it any time you contact us with further enquiries regarding this claim.
To assist in the settlement of your claim, RACT Insurance will normally appoint an Assessor. The Assessor will review the damage to your vehicle and decide the best way to settle your claim.
If we authorise repairs to your vehicle we guarantee the quality of the materials and labour used in the repairs for as long as you own your motor vehicle.
If emergency repairs are required
Your policy allows you to arrange emergency repairs up to the value of $500 without our authorisation.
If your vehicle is undriveable
If your vehicle is not able to be driven after the accident, we will arrange for it to be towed. Please discuss this with the Claims Consultant when you lodge your claim.
A hire car is available to customers who have selected this additional option on their Comprehensive Motor Vehicle policy. We may also provide a hire car when your vehicle has been stolen. You will need to check with us when you lodge your claim to see if you are entitled to this benefit.