A free educational program designed for older drivers.
Do you have a blind spot in your car that makes it difficult to change lanes? Or do you struggle to get your seat in a comfortable position? CarFit provides
advice and information on how you and your car can "fit" together to
maximise safety and comfort.
professionals including a qualified Occupational Therapist go through a simple
checklist of questions with the driver about their car.
Some of the things we check at a CarFit session:
- If you're at a safe distance from the steering wheel and have adequate vision over the front of the car
- If your mirrors are adjusted to minimise your car's blind spots
- If your seatbelt is fitted correctly and not providing any discomfort
- If your head restraint is adjusted to provide protection from whiplash in a crash
- If you have any mobility issues, a trained Occupational Therapist can provide advice and options for driving and getting in and out of your car
The entire process takes less than half an hour to complete and is free of charge.
Please note: CarFit is not an assessment of individuals' driving ability.
We are currently looking to hold workshops in the Hobart, Launceston & Burnie area for early next year. As soon as we have dates we will update - watch this space.
To find out more phone 6236 4325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.