Make a pledge
This year, we're asking you to make a pledge to yourself to drive safely. Every time you're behind the wheel.
We'd like you to commit to making a pledge to improve on any behaviours that contribute to the fatal five. For example;
- If your mobile notifications distract you, pledge to turn it to silent before driving.
- If you're feeling tired, pledge to pull over and rest.
- If you're prone to speeding, pledge to slow down.
Make a pledge to drive so others survive by completing our short form. By thinking about your pledge and committing here, hopefully you'll see improvements in the behaviour you've identified. We're going to keep a tally below of who has made a pledge and what behaviour they're working on. Good luck everyone, we can do it.
Make your pledge today.
- I pledge to drive as if my loved ones are on the road ahead.
- I will remove all distractions and never use my mobile phone while driving.
- I will not put other people at risk by speeding, driving while tired or under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- I will protect all vulnerable road users, especially those whose job places them in harm’s way, by slowing down and giving them the space they need to be safe.
Show your support
Pop on a ribbon and share a snap with us on social. You can head into a branch and pick one up or make your own.