In this time of uncertainty due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) I would like to personally assure you that we are unwavering in our level of care, taking proactive measures to protect everyone we meet and interact with.
To ensure the health and safety of people coming and working within our locations we ask the following:
- Please contact us by telephone or email to reschedule your appointment if you have been overseas in the last 14 days or if you have been in physical contact with somebody who is infected with COVID-19.
- Please use the hand sanitisers we have made available as you enter and upon exiting our locations.
Specifically, for our members and customers who require our roadside assistance or are undertaking a driving lesson with us:
- We ask that if you are feeling unwell to please advise us before we meet.
- Roadside and driver training vehicles are regularly sanitised.
- We have asked our team not to shake hands upon arrival and to keep as safe a distance as is possible between you both.
Our roadside patrols will be wearing gloves and implementing new hygiene measures.
For our branches we have the following in place:
- All furniture, surface areas and public areas in our buildings are regularly sanitised.
- Signs have been placed reminding people of the importance of regular hygiene practices.
For our Destinations properties:
- To protect the safety of other guests and staff if you are feeling unwell with cold or flu like symptoms please delay your travel and seek medical advice.
- If you start to feel unwell during your stay with us, please notify a staff member immediately.
- We have procedures in place to manage any guest who indicates they need or want to quarantine or self-isolate while staying with us.
- We have safety and sanitising equipment on-site and we have dedicated rooms that have been set aside in case they are required.
- All rooms are cleaned with disinfectant and all housekeeping staff have access to and use hand sanitiser.
- Our restaurant and bar procedures have been adjusted to reduce the risk in food and beverage service.
- Our public areas cleaning is a focus and regularly sanitise and clean all areas, particularly those areas in constant and frequent contact with visitors.
- To protect the safety of other guests and staff, if you are feeling unwell with cold or flu like symptoms please delay your travel and seek medical advice.
For our staff:
- We have policies in place to ensure any staff member who is required to self-isolate can and will do so.
- Where possible we will provide opportunities for our staff to work from home.
- We are regularly reminding staff about good hygiene practices.
We have a pandemic process in place managed by our senior leadership team and workplace health and safety experts and we remain vigilant to the changing government instructions. We meet regularly to update our policies as new information comes to hand.
Please be assured that we are taking all steps we can to keep you and our team safe and well.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus.
Group Chief Executive Officer