Are you affected by the recent floods? We're here to help.
If you've been affected:
- Only return to your property once you've been told by emergency services it's safe.
- Don't panic if your insurance documents have been destroyed. We keep electronic records so all you need to do is call us.
- Don't attempt or authorise any building work yourself without speaking with us first. If you need emergency repairs and you can't contact us, we will pay reasonable costs provided you keep all receipts.
- Don't dispose of any damaged property without talking to us first.
- Make sure you secure your property as best you can against further damage or a potential break in. This could mean boarding up any broken windows or covering exposed areas with a tarp.
What happens next?
We'll send someone to assess the extent of the damage. We'll then work with you to either repair or rebuild your home. In some circumstances, we'll pay you what it would cost to repair or rebuild your home.
If you can no longer live in your home, we'll also pay reasonable costs for temporary accommodation*
*Subject to cover limits
For full details of what is and isn't covered, take a look at the PDS.
RACT Insurance Pty Ltd, ABN 96 068 167 804, AFS License 229 076, is the insurer.