Win a trip on us
After what has been a big year for us all, many Tasmanians are keen to head outdoors and explore their own backyards. So we've teamed up with our partner, Apollo Motorhomes, to give one lucky winner a $1500 travel voucher so they can experience the open road in a campervan or motorhome. Travel around Tassie or interstate (on us!) and tell our members all about the experience in digital Journeys. Plus, Apollo vehicles are pet-friendly so you can bring them along with you, too!
Our digital Journeys magazine is sent straight to the inbox of over 95,000 members every two months. This is the perfect chance to have your work read by thousands of Tasmanians and featured on our website.
What you'll need to do?
- Travel Tassie or the mainland in an Apollo campervan or motorhome of your choice;
- Take over our Instagram account and share your fun with our members; and
- Write an engaging article about your getaway ready for our digital Journeys magazine. Check out our own Apollo trip up the east coast of Tassie for inspiration.
All before 30 June 2021.
If this sounds like something you'd love to do, and you're available to do it in the required time frame, then we can't wait to see your entry. Simply send us an email answering the below question in 150 words or less and attach an image or two. It doesn't have to be a pic from that experience, we just want to make sure your images will work for us.
Tell us where you'd like to go and who you'd like to take with you (pets included).
To read more about the prize and some of the finer details, please see our terms and conditions at the bottom of the page. We've also included a link to a couple of our stories below to give you some inspiration and to let you know what we'll be expecting at the end.
How to apply.
Email your submission to us by clicking below and including:
- Your name;
- Your membership number;
- Your preferred contact number;
- Your 150 word answer to the above question; and
- A maximum of two images you've taken to support your entry. You can send us a Dropbox link if they're large.
Entries close Tuesday 8 December 2020.
Save every day
Adventure year-round with 10% off the daily rental rate or on top of Apollo specials. T&Cs apply.
More about what's required from you
When you've chosen the dates you'd like to getaway (1 February - 30 June 2021), contact us and we'll get you in touch with the Apollo team who will help organise your trip.
Remember you'll need to supply your story on or before 30 June 2021 so don't forget to factor that in. While you're enjoying your getaway you'll take over our Instagram account. You'll need to:
- Send us some short stories and images suitable for social media that we can re-post.
We'll be here to help the whole time as we want to make it a fun side task and not derail your actual holiday.
When you're back and rested, we'll need your finished story by 30 June 2021. Some quick notes about what this will entail:
- An engaging story around 800-900 words about your adventure finished and ready for publishing.
- Images that we can use online via web and social. They'll need to be in focus and of a suitable resolution. Any images you supply we will own and be able to use across our publishing channels.
- We love collaborating, so we're here to help guide and suggest, we won't leave you feeling overwhelmed.
- We'll proof it for you, and we have the right to make any final edits before it's published online.
Feel free to email us if you have any questions.
- Send us some short stories and images suitable for social media that we can re-post.
Full promotional T&Cs
Competition Terms and Conditions:
1. Information on how to enter and eligibility to be entered into the competition and prize details form part of the conditions.
2. Eligibility for inclusion in this competition is open to all RACT members who hold a valid, unexpired RACT membership with no payment in arrears as at 24 November 2020.
Such persons are eligible to go into the draw, with the following exceptions:
• This competition is restricted to members residing in the state of Tasmania.
• All employees of the promoter and those companies that trade under the RACT brand, and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to enter.
3. Competition closes at 11:59pm on Tuesday 8 December 2020.
4. To make a valid entry, entrants must answer the advertised question in 150 words and include supporting images to email@example.com.
5. Prize information:
• One (1) winner will win one $1500 travel voucher from Apollo Motorhomes.
6. The prize winner will be selected on compelling story content and ability to take suitable photographs and be notified by phone on Wednesday 9 December 2020. Their name and suburb of residence will be published online at www.ract.com.au/membership/current-promotions after Friday 11 December 2020.
7. Details as to the collection of the prizes will be provided at the time the prize winners are notified.
8. Should the prize winners wish to accept the prize they must:
a. at the promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, free of charge, and consent to the promoter using their names and images in promotional material;
b. confirm their ability to undertake the activities anticipated and articulated in connection with the prize in the time period required (1 February 2021 - 30 June 2021), acknowledging that if the required submissions aren’t made the cost of the prize ($1500) shall be borne by them;
c. indemnify RACT for any injury or loss incurred that may arise through the undertaking of the activities articulated in connection with the prize or that otherwise occur during the prize winners fulfilment of the prize, including travel to and from the Apollo pick-up location;
d. acknowledge that there is no intention for the fulfilment of the activities articulated in this competition that is intended to constitute employment or agency arrangement between the parties;
e. irrevocably grant a royalty-free licence to allow the RACT, its licensees and successors in title, for any purpose and without further recourse to you, to use, reproduce, alter, transform, build upon, publish, perform or communicate to the public your submissions in connection with the competition and prize and any altered, transformed or built upon works that include any element of such submissions, including conversion of your submissions into a different format to that submitted;
f. to the fullest extent possible waive your moral rights to any submissions in connection with this completion or prize and acknowledge and accept that RACT, its licensees and successors in title, may in exercising their right of alteration, or public communication of, your submissions act in a manner that you may feel is derogatory to your submissions;
g. to the extent that any of your submissions contain material that is owned by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained all necessary licences and consents required for the use of those materials (including for the RACT, its licensees and successors in title, to use, reproduce, alter, transform, build upon publish, perform or communicate to the public your submission and any altered, transformed or built upon works that include any element of your submission) and have made arrangements for the payment of any royalties or other fees payable in respect of the use of such material; and
h. agree that the above consents constitute genuine consents under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and has not been induced by duress or any false or misleading statement.
9. In the event of the prizes being refused, not accepted or not claimed by 14 December 2020, the selection of the winner will be declared null and void and a further selection will be made.
10. The prizes or any unused portion of the prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into with respect to those decisions or competition entries.
Voucher Terms and Conditions:
Apollo Motorhome Holidays
2021 AU Competition Terms & Conditions
Apollo Motorhome Holidays Rental Voucher - 1 x AU $1500
- Can be redeemed in Australia and can be used towards: Daily motorhome rental hire, Liability Reduction Option 2 (The High Road), up to 6 camp chairs (depending on vehicle type), up to 2 camp tables, toilet chemical, one-way fees, extended roadside assistance, gas refill fee and taxes
- Bond not included - $250 authorization required on credit card with Liability Reduction Option 2 as per rental terms and conditions. Other Liability Reduction Options Available.
- Available for all Apollo 2WD vehicles (subject to availability)
- Guests must make own transfer arrangements to get to and from the Branch.
a. Availability of prize is subject to change. Availability is based on seasonality and location.
b. Valid for travel from 1 February 2021 until 30 June 2021
c. Blackout dates apply: 29 March 2021 — 5 April (Easter). Australian school Holiday Periods (please check with Apollo Reservations Team).
d. Drivers must be 21 years of age and have held a full driver's license for a minimum of 2 years. For full licence terms please see:
e. Standard rental terms and conditions apply and are subject to change without notice — refer to above terms links.
f. Prize value is subject to approval by Apollo at all times. There are areas of exclusion for liability cover outlined in the rental terms and conditions. By entering this competition winners acknowledge and accept areas of exclusion.
g. See the rental terms and conditions for information on areas covered under VIP/Liability Reduction Option 2 (High Road) and for areas listed as "your own responsibility".
h. Valid for hire from All Apollo Australia branches Except Broome.
Multiple bookings will not be allowed. If the winner does not use the full $1,500 in one booking no credit is given.
j. No member discount applies on voucher value.
k. No available to be combined with any other special offer or discounts. To book guests need to use promo code on prize voucher and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with copy of voucher.
m. Up to one booking amendment is granted — subject to availability as per terms and conditions. If booking is not use before expiry date prize is forfeit.
n. If the Winner choses to go above $1,500 prize value they can do so at their own cost. This must be payable prior to pick up and will be subject to normal terms and conditions.
o. Travel is to be completed by 30 June 2021.
p. All other fees and charges, credit card fees, fuel etc payable by winner.
- NB: Rental pricing is dynamic and changes daily dependent on seasons, demand and location. For full information on vehicles, including the number of people they sleep and child restraints policy, please go to https://www.apollocamper.com/portals/2/terms/APAUFLEXAPAU2021.pdf.