A local escape
Located in the heart of Hobart’s historic Battery Point, Sullivans Cove Apartments’ new accommodation at 46 Kelly Street is an incredible hidden gem. Just a few doors from local favourite Prince of Wales, the cottage façade is a vast contrast to the luxury escape inside.
Apartment 46A is a light-filled studio space, with king-size bed, streamlined kitchenette and contemporary bathroom. Through the timber shutters are views of the charming cottages lining Kelly Street, quintessential to life in Battery Point.
You’ll find the ultimate retreat in Apartment 46B. The moment the door clicks shut behind you is one to remember. Light streams in from the skylight and sliding doors that stretch wall to wall and floor to ceiling. The kitchen’s focal point is the marble-topped island bench, complemented by appliances and stocked with utensils for those who can’t wait to cook with Tasmanian produce. Concrete and wooden floors give a modern but warm touch, as do the pops of colour from the artwork and brick in the courtyard. Relaxation starts with the king-size bed, followed by the luxurious bathroom where you can sink into the dreamy freestanding tub or indulge in the double waterfall shower. Special touches such as L’Occitane bath products and fresh milk upon arrival will instantly make you feel at home.
This is Sullivans Cove Apartments’ goal. To feel at home. To live like a local. To be an ‘un-tourist’. 46 Kelly Street offers independence. You’re free to wander Battery Point’s historic streets, enjoy culinary delights from local institutions such as Jackman & McRoss or Da Angelo, or take a short walk down Kelly’s Steps to explore Salamanca and Hobart’s picturesque waterfront.
You could win
Journeys readers can go in the draw to win their own local escape at 46 Kelly Street. Email your name, phone number and member number to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competition closes at 5pm 1 November 2020. Full T&Cs are below.
Terms and conditions1. Information on how to enter and eligibility to be entered into the draw and prize details form part of the conditions.
2. Eligibility for inclusion in this competition is open to all RACT members who hold a valid, unexpired RACT membership with no payment in arrears as at 1 October 2020.
Such persons are eligible to go into the draw, with the following exception:
• This competition is restricted to members residing in the state of Tasmania.
• All employees of the promoter and those companies in which it has an equity interest.
• The immediate families of such employees are ineligible to enter.
3. Competition closes at 5pm on 1 November 2020.
4. To make a valid entry, entrants must email email@example.com with their name, membership number and phone number.
5. Prize information: One (1) winner will receive a voucher for two (2) nights' accommodation to be used at 46 Kelly Street, Battery Point - thanks to Sullivans Cove Apartments.
6. The prize winners will be notified by email. Their name and suburb of residence will be published online at www.ract.com.au/membership/journeys/competitions after 30 November 2020.
7. Details as to the collection of the prizes will be provided at the time the prize winners are notified.
8. Should the prize winners wish to accept the prize they must, at the promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, free of charge, and consent to the promoter using their names and images in promotional material.
9. In the event of the prizes being refused, not accepted or not claimed by 5 November 2020, the draw will be declared null and void and a further draw will be arranged.
10. The prizes or any unused portion of the prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.