The kitchen is the heart of the home, so why not give it the love it deserves?
Now’s the perfect time to declutter the pantry and organise the cupboards. With these simple tips, you’ll be ready and raring to cook up a storm!
- Take everything out and place it on the kitchen bench, giving away or binning anything you don’t use or need.
- Wipe the shelves with a safe household cleaner or warm soapy water.
- Group like items together, e.g. baking ingredients, condiments and spreads, spices and cereals.
- Place into clear containers, baskets or jars and label. This will make it easier to find items and see what’s running low. You can find inexpensive options online at Kmart like their 96 pack of essential pantry labels, 15 piece food storage set and wire baskets.
- Sort items from most used to least used.
- Place items back into the pantry, making sure the items you use most are at eye height. You can even try adding tiered shelves so items don’t get lost in the back.