Tips & tricks
This recipe will make 24 biscuits.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160 Celsius.
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the oats, coconut, flour and pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Put butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until butter has melted.
- Let cool then add bicarb soda and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Stir and then pour over the oat mix and combine well.
- Divide mixture into 24 equal balls.
- Place on the baking trays approx. 3cm apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Set aside for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you like them chewy leave out the brown sugar and increase the caster sugar to ¾ cup.