Scrumptious Choc Cookies
This member recipe was sent in by Michael Kruger.
- 500g plain flour
- 300g butter
- 150g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- dash of vanilla extract
- dark chocolate chips - as many as you want but don't go over 350g, otherwise they don't hold together (believe me, I've tried)
- Preheat oven to 180 C degrees.
- Soften the butter and mix all ingredients together either by hand or in a mixer.
- Roll out dough and use a cookie cutter to make cookies. If you prefer you can make dough into a long roll and wrap with baking paper and put in the fridge for approx. 3 hours. Then you can cut the roll into 6-10mm slices.
- Place cookies on a baking tray.
- Bake for around 10-15mins.