Easiest Chocolate Cake
This member recipe was sent in by Patricia W.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa powder (sifted together)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten first)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 125g melted butter
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (160 degrees fan forced).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients well.
- Pour batter into 2 pre-greased round 20cm cake tins. Cooking spray is an easy option.
- Place into oven and cook for 15 minutes, checking the batter ever 5 minutes with a wooden skewer or cake tester.
- When ready, remove and cool the cakes on a wire rack.
- Layer one cake with whipped cream and place remaining cake on top. Once the cake has cream inside, it will keep soft in the fridge.
- Cover the top cake with some delicious chocolate icing and serve.
Tips: These cakes freeze well so why not make one for later? Make sure it's well wrapped.
Or halve all the ingredients to make one cake (if you want, but you won't!).