This recipe will make around three 300g pizza bases.
- 500g flour
- 310ml water
- 6g yeast
- 50ml oil
- 1 tbs salt
- Put the yeast in a separate container with 100ml tempered water and the sugar to get it going.
- Mix the flour, salt, oil and remainder of tempered water. Then add the sugar, water and yeast you mixed when you started.
- Now you'll have a ball of dough ready to knead.
- Flour the bench and your hands and work the dough until you can stretch a piece of it to make a 20 cent piece disc that you can almost see through.
- Rest the dough for an hour.
- It should have doubled in size and is ready for another quick 5 minute knead before resting for another half hour.
- Cut into three even pieces (approx. 300g) and roll into balls before rolling out.
- Use a fork to pierce the base before cooking so big bubbles don't form.
- It's ideal if you pre-cook the base on a stone in a hot oven for 2 minutes and let cool, as it makes it easier for the kids to move around when adding the toppings.
- Toppings are up to you - sweet or savoury. Try to keep it simple though, three or four key ingredients should do the trick.
- Cook in a hot oven (240 Celsius) until golden.