How to be a safe driver
Things like speed, using your phone while driving, drink driving, not wearing your seatbelt and driving tired can all lead to a crash.
It's probably pretty obvious, but these are the biggest cause of serious crashes in Tasmania.
However, this doesn't have to be the case - and it all starts with you.
You can help improve safety on our roads by following the Tasmanian road rules, which are there to protect us all. Other ways you can make sure you're safe on the road include:
- Always follow the speed limit, but also lower your speed in wet weather or at night time.
- Plan ahead when drinking alcohol by booking a taxi or finding somewhere to stay the night.
- Reduce distractions by putting your phone away and keeping your eyes on the road.
- Put your seatbelt on before you start the car and make sure your passengers do the same.
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep before driving long distances. Stop and rest if needed.
By following these pointers, you can go a long way to improving your safety and those around you while on the road.
For more help, take a look at these other resources.