Give the gift of freedom this Christmas. Buy a driver training package of three or more lessons for someone special this Christmas and they'll go in to the draw to win one of three $250 United gift cards. Full terms and conditions below.
Time to get your freedom?
We offer a range of different packages to suit your needs and budget.
Our lessons start and finish at our driving schools in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie. Our trainers are experienced and ready to help you on your journey.
Driving lessons are 50 minutes in dual-controlled cars. You can choose to learn in a manual or automatic.
If you’re new to driving check out the Keys2drive program. It offers you a free lesson and information sessions for parents or supervisors
|1 Lesson||3 Lessons||5 Lessons .this is the Most popular choice.||7 Lessons||10 Lessons|
|Standard 50 minute lesson||Save $15 and get free Lifestyle membership||Save $25 and get free Lifestyle membership.||Save $70 and get free Roadside Advantage.||Save $100 and get free Roadside Advantage.|
|Free RACT Lifestyle membership|
|Free RACT Lifestyle membership||2 years||2 years||2 years||2 years|
|Free RACT Roadside Advantage|
|Free RACT Roadside Advantage||12 months||12 months|
|10% off third-party insurance|
|10% off third-party insurance|
There are some things that don't fit into a standard driving lesson. Please get in touch for more information, pricing or to book a car or test.
|Keys2drive is a government program that offers a free lesson to learner drivers. The lesson is for learners and a parent/supervisor. It follows a safe learning approach and offers examples on how to practice at home. Find out how to book on our keys2drive page.|
|You can sit your P1 test with us in Hobart, Launceston, Burnie and Devonport. You can book by calling us on 1300 761 429. See P1 Pilot for more information.|
|P1 Familiarisation & Assessment||$160|
|Before you sit your test, get use to the car you’ll be driving in. Call us on 1300 761 429 to book. See P1 Pilot for more information.|
|Hire a driver training car for your P1 test||Price on enquiry|
|You can hire our driver training cars to sit your P’s test. You will need to call us on 1300 761 429 for a price as you might need the car for 1-2 hours. See getting your licence for more information.|
|Gift vouchers||Price on purchase|
|Birthday or special event coming up? Buy a gift voucher to the value of your choice at any RACT branch or driving school.|
Terms & Conditions:
- If you're cancelling within 24 hours of your lesson or assessment start time, you'll lose the entire lesson or assessment fee.
- If you cancel within five business days and 24 hours before the start of an assessment, you can re-book to a future date. There will be a fee of $40 to do this.
- If you're cancelling more than five business days out from the start of your assessment, you can re-book without a fee. If you would like a refund there will be a $40 fee applied.
- Lesson packages are not refundable for cash or other RACT products. They also can't be transferred into another name. If you're seeking a refund, there will be an admin fee of $40 taken from the package before refund.
How many lessons will I need?That will depend on where you are in your journey and how much practice you can do outside of lessons. It's best to book a lesson and our instructor can get to know you and your skills better. From there we can work on a plan to get you prepared for your licence.
What do I need to bring to my lessons?You must come along to all lessons and assessments with a valid driver’s licence permit.
Can I hire your cars for my Ps test?You can now do your assessment with us, in our cars. Find out more about out P1 pilot program. If you're doing your assessment with the Department of State Growth, you can still hire our cars. The easiest way to do this is to call us on 1300 761 429 with your driver’s licence number and payment details. We will log in to the Transport Tasmania booking portal to find a test time where our cars are available for you to use.
Email us with any questions or general enquiries
Call us on 1300 761 429 for driver training enquiries or bookings.
Visit a driving school Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5.00pm
Driver Training Christmas promotion terms and conditions
1. The Promoter is The Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania Limited (ABN 62 009 475 861) of 179 Murray Street, Hobart, TAS 7000.
2. Information on how to enter and eligibility to be entered into the draw and prize details form part of the conditions.
3. Eligibility for inclusion in this competition is open to all persons who purchase an RACT Driver Training Lesson package consisting of 3 or more lessons, or have such a package credited to their membership, between 00:01 17 November 2020 and 11:59 31 December 2020 such persons will automatically go into the draw (one draw entry for each such package purchased/credited in the aforementioned period), as per the conditions below, with the following exceptions:
a. This competition is restricted to members residing in the State of Tasmania. All employees of the promoter and those companies in which it has an equity interest or that trade using the RACT brand, and the immediate families of such employees, are ineligible to enter.
4. Competition closes at 11:59pm Thursday 31 December 2020.
5. Three winners will be drawn, each prize consists of the following:
a. One United Petroleum gift card to the value of $250.
6. The competition winners will be drawn on Thursday 7 January 2021.
7. The prize winners will be notified by phone call in the first instance If this is not successful a follow up email will be sent, if an email address for the winner is available to RACT.
8. The gift cards will be available for collection at a branch to be agreed on with each prize winner. The prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with collection. Terms and conditions for the gift card will be provided on collection and are available by contacting United Petroleum on 1300 383 587.
9. Should the prize winner wish to accept the prize they must, at the promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge, and consent to the promoter using their names and images in promotional material (which may include publication within Journeys magazine and/or on the RACT website and social media pages).
10. In the event of the prize being refused, not accepted or not claimed by 5.00pm on Friday 29 January 2021, the draw will be declared null and void and a further draw will be arranged from the original set of eligible members as per clause 3 above.
11. The prize or any unused portion of the prize are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or taken as cash.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to the competition and no correspondence will be entered into with respect to those decisions.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for the failure of any valid purchase to be received by the Promoter for whatever reason nor for lost, misdirected or delayed mail or email.