Couple sitting on couch.

Home & Contents Insurance

Your home is often your most prized possession, and also the most expensive. Choose the home and contents insurance cover that suits you best.

Which policy is for me?

Whether you're buying or renting, choose the cover that suits you best. You even have the option to add portable items to your cover, protecting things like your laptop and mobile phone across the whole of Australia and New Zealand.

Covers your home and permanently attached fixtures if lost or damaged by an insured event. It also includes any garages and outbuildings.Covers furniture and belongings inside your home, including carpets.
Your house and any domestic outbuildings (garage, shed etc)YesNo
Fixed floor coverings (e.g. floor boards)YesNo
Decking, fixed gazebos, patios & pergolasYesNo
Carpets, curtains & blindsNoYes
Furniture & furnishingsNoYes
Heat PumpsYesNo
White goods, phones & laptopsNoYes
Tools of tradeNoYesUp to $1,000
Accidental damageYesOptional coverYesOptional cover

See how easy it is to switch.

Get a quote

Or call us on 13 27 22.

Common questions

Before buying insurance issued by RACT Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 96 068 167 804, AFS licence 229 076) you should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) which you can find along with the Target Market Determination (TMD) on our Insurance Documents page.