Dare to dream
While we’re all waiting for a time when we can roam freely around the state again, our staff have shared some of their favourite spots to visit.
A beautiful alpine environment, with views like those around Mt Field National Park, just one hour from Hobart – an easy and spectacular day trip.
- Will Barbour, Sales and Marketing Manager
Marion’s Lookout, Cradle Mountain, is a great spot to get away from the crowds and take a moment to take in the beauty of the Cradle Valley and beyond.
- Todd Roberts, General Manager, Strahan Village and Cradle Mountain Hotel
Cradle Mountain is my favourite as I can get out and explore with my family. Our son Hugo really loves it and pointing out all the wildlife.
- Jake Archer, Head Chef, Cradle Mountain Hotel
Bay of Fires is just an amazing place, expansive beaches, no development, very quiet and remote and rich in indigenous and colonial heritage.
- Alex Luttrell, Policy Officer
Strahan because it is so underrated. So much to see, do and explore, without the crowds.
- Geoff Eyers, General Manager, Gordon River Cruises
The view of Strahan from the View 42 Restaurant and Bar deck is my favourite for a magnificent sunset.
- Jennifer Klippert, Food & Beverage Manager, Strahan Village
As well as being visually beautiful to look at, I love the fagus for what it symbolises. It shows just how ancient and unscathed pockets of our wonderful island-home are, despite other environmental changes.
- Martha Galea, Marketing Coordinator
Cascade Gardens, because my daughter and I can have an adventure and discover something new each visit.
- Katie Reynolds, Digital Content Coordinator
Fairy floss skies along the Great Eastern Drive were always a special favourite. There is something comforting about the child-like warm colours that welcome you home safely to the coast after a long day.
- Megan Coelho, Media and Famils Officer, RACT Destinations
Freycinet on the east coast is my favourite spot because of its natural beauty. I love the area because it was where I saw whales in the wild for the first time.
- Belinda Moore, Customer Service Consultant, Rosny Branch
Central Highlands is a great place to visit and disconnect.
- Chris Machen, Customer Service Consultant, Burnie
Willie Smiths for Sunday lunch. Great with kids.
- Mark Mugnaioni, Group Chief Executive
04 May 2020