International Driving Permit

  • $42
  • Valid for 12 months
  • Allows you to drive overseas

Please review and carefully consider the recommendation of the Australian Government's Smart Traveller website before placing an order for an IDP.


Your way, on the highway.


Heading overseas and planning to drive? There’s a good chance you’ll need an International Driver’s Permit (IDP). Whether you’re hiring a car, motorbike, mini bus or go-kart, be sure to check if you need an IDP.


So, what is an IDP? It’s your international driver’s licence. It's proof that you hold a valid driver’s licence in your home country. You'll need to carry it with your domestic driver’s licence, as they go hand in hand. Showing it allows you to drive overseas without further tests or applications. A valid IDP lets you rent cars or motorbikes in many countries. It’s also helpful for tourists who find themselves in need of ID or help.


We can help you out in a branch, or online.


If you’re in a hurry, our branches can issue International Driving Permits on the spot. We’ve got a short form that you can fill in while you’re here. So just come on in with your passport photo, driver’s licence and $42.


If you’re not near a branch and not in a rush, you can apply online or via the post. Simply complete the application form and post it in with everything needed. Your application will come to our Hobart branch for processing and will arrive with you in 3-8 business days. 

Want to know more?

Or call 13 27 22, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5pm.

We're here to help

  • Email us any general enquiries or questions.
  • Call us on 13 27 22 for general enquiries.
  • Visit us Monday to Friday 8:45am - 5pm.